Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I get paint to stick to my walls it just peals off?

It still peals off, im thinking of sanding the walls then priming and texturizing and priming and then painting but I dont want to spend all that money if its just going to peal off again.How do I get paint to stick to my walls it just peals off?
wash the wall with TSP and water, sand, prime, paintHow do I get paint to stick to my walls it just peals off?
You weren't clear about whether the walls were new construction or painted walls. It's conceivable that (an older home) the walls were painted with and oil base paint and you tried to paint over them with a latex product.





I would consult Lowe's or Home Depot and explain to them what's happened and they will be able to provide you with the product(s) to resolve your problem. I hope that helps.
Remove as much of the peeling paint as possible, by scraping and sanding.


Prime with an oil based primer . Let dry for the amount of time recommended on the can.


Paint 2 coats with a quality latex paint, Letting each coat dry for time specified on the can.
You shouldve primed it to begin with and let it cure so that this problem would have never happenned.
Prime them first
  • internet
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment