Thursday, February 25, 2010

I want to paint my wall shelves I need help with the paint and color please!?

Hi, I have two wall shelves that I'm planing to put in my bedroom I want to paint them a nice color I'm having trouble choosing the paint color because I just recently bought a new comforter set they have gold and burgandy designs on them but the burgandy has a redish look from the picture online I bought them from so I'm thinking maybe I should wait till they come and for the painting do I need a special kind of gloss to go on them do I paint it first then apply the gloss on it or is it the other way around this is my first time doing this thank you for your help.I want to paint my wall shelves I need help with the paint and color please!?
So the shelves can stand the test of time and not chip, I'd go with an enamel paint. The best color to use with the red and gold woulkd be black for your shelves. I would use oil-base flat, or stain or semigloss. They can be picked up at walmart in cans by the spray paint. Use a paint brush, not a roller and paint them laying flat. Start at one corner and paint down all the way to the bottom using long paint strides. then go immediately next to it and continue til at the end. You will need to wait 24 hrs. between each coat so start now. Do not try to cover in one coating you will end up with drip marks and pools on the shelve. it will take two or three coats. Good luck and remember to clean your brushes with paint thinner between coats. Good LuckI want to paint my wall shelves I need help with the paint and color please!?
You can spray the shelves with high gloss spray paint which dries relatively quickly. Either black, white or gold would be good choices for the shelves. You can also use high gloss enamel paint. It isn't necessary to top coat them, but you can for extra shine. Hope this helps.
  • internet
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment