Thursday, February 25, 2010

What color should I paint my living room walls?

my living room is black furniture and red accents. I want to paint my walls, but I am having a hard time picking a color. I don't want a color that is over powering. My sister suggested a beige color. What do you think?What color should I paint my living room walls?
A pale dove grey with perhaps one wall or a panel/block of red that is the same as the main accent red.What color should I paint my living room walls?
Beige and browns
I would go for white for the contrast.
has to be white as it goes with the black and red themes, black and white are always in fashion.
cafe au lait. heavy on the cream.
Magnolia is a colour that always fits any decor, and any room.
Always remember the lighter the color of the walls the larger the room appears.Always use a white tint base
I would suggest a light grey or a tan color
a colour you like
No matter what I do I create a living room to where my guests fall right to sleep..its weird. Well its comfy..the one time I had the black furniture I had done a green tea color which is a shade of green. I used an enamel flat paint. I re painted to flat cashmere white which brightened up the room and finally I a burgnundy tone..flat as well which created this sense of tranquility. Then you throw bits and pieces like photo frames and decorations to make it more hommie.
i think like your sister a light color , then use pictures to bring interest to the room , let the eye be drawn to the Art on the wall as opposed to the wall itself
I have blck furniture with white accents and my walls are like a army green. I think red would look great too. Or even a wheat/golden tone color would look great. Just keep in mind that you can switch out accent colors, so make sure you can put another color with it if you get sick of the red after a while.
Black furniture, red accents....paint your walls a light gray...almost like a dove gray. It will look great!!
a light yellow or charcoal color
I agree with your sister, beige or maybe white with a beige accent wall
Light grey.
white
Try ivory or a very pale gold [ amber ].
I think I would do a gray-blue, like ';quietude'; by sherwin williams:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>
definitely bright yellow or bright green

No comments:

Post a Comment