Saturday, February 27, 2010

My kitchen tiles are dark blue and white, i want to paint the walls any suggestions for colour....?

Oh, you have many choices with those colors. Blue and white look great with yellows, other blues, some greens, and even some reds and oranges. I've had my kitchen Blue, Yellow and White for about a year now and get so many compliments on it. I have kind of a French theme going with accessories.My kitchen tiles are dark blue and white, i want to paint the walls any suggestions for colour....?
Really hard to advise you without seeing your kitchen, its layout, what lighting, natural or not that it has and what your units and appliances are like. However, with tiles that are dark blue and white, you could use either colour on the walls, which would be quite dramatic. Using white would be quite mediterranean, a soft creamy yellow would be more sophisticated, whereas a strong sunshine yellow would be again, more mediterranean. You could use a lighter blue on the walls and then pick out a feature wall with the dark blue and use this colour to accessorise around the kitchen. Get some colour charts from a DIY store and see what grabs your eye, and then work out if it will suit the existing tiles. Dont forget, tile pain in many different colours is now widely available, easy to use (very) and lasts well and looks like the tiles were meant to be that colour. That way, you can paint the walls any colour you want, and paint the tiles to match.My kitchen tiles are dark blue and white, i want to paint the walls any suggestions for colour....?
I'd give the 10 to answer 1. First of all, I might ask what color the counter tops are, and the trim work, if any, but to introduce more color into the kitchen isn't neccesary, other than accents. A kitchen can be elegant while not looking like you've over done some color scheme.





Actually for a striking effect you can match the Blue of the tile, and paint it on one wall, surrounded by the suggested color.





Among many other things I do, I paint, every day of my life, and I use SATIN exclusively, even in kitchens and baths. It has a low level sheen, but endures a lot of abuse, and allows an easy cleanup. I'm not at all in favor of Semi-Gloss on walls, but that's a personal choice.





Steven Wolf


Just my 2 ';sense';
i suggest a white because alot of white makes the room look bigger and the blue makes it look nice so a nice clean white :)
In my opinion I would pick either white, cream or an eggshell blue. But then again you can't go wrong with picking white.
How about just white..................... it will look nice %26amp; clean but not too clinical because you have the dark blue tiles.
make your wall,s a light colour to make your kitchen bright .and blind`s to match the wall`s
antique white.
I would keep it a neutral colour, off white or cream.
Light blue goes well with dark blue and you can get good tile paint now if you would rather change them
Look around your kitchen and don't have any more than three colours
Pale green.
Try yellow. It sounds goofy, but it really is clean looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment