Thursday, February 25, 2010

I moved into an older apt. that had lead paint on the walls at one point. Is this dangerous for my kids?

The apt. is repainted with every tenant that moves in. Its probably has multiple layers of newer paint by now.I moved into an older apt. that had lead paint on the walls at one point. Is this dangerous for my kids?
It's really only dangerous if the kids ingest paint chips or there is heavy sanding of the walls or any kind of major renovation that would disturb the paint - as in dust. As it is now, no - you and the kids are fine.I moved into an older apt. that had lead paint on the walls at one point. Is this dangerous for my kids?
Just because there was lead in the paint has nothing to do with the water pipes. If you are concerned about the water quality get a water purifier to filter the water.
It's only dangerous if your kids ingest the lead paint.


Therefore, if you have window sills that a toddler could chew on while standing there, or paint chips anywhere in the apartment, you will have to watch that kid like a hawk or move.


Also never sand those walls. As a renter you probably would have no reason to, but you never know, so I'm reminding you.
Seems like all lead paint was suppose to have been removed from apartments because of the health dangers. Your kids do not have to ingest a paint chip for it to be dangerous to them. Better check with your health department if you are sure there is lead paint in your apartment.
In generally I use ecological paint because the chemical paint is always dangerous for your body. ';An exceptional mineral stucco of great effect. Based on lime, it has shiny quality that varies with the method of application. Ecological natural material.'; the best way is to use this product.
I dont think it would be...my apartment building used to have lead paint but its been covered up so many times its not an issue anymore, but I still had to sign a thing acknowleding I knew about it...my guess is you probably had to do something similar...you could always double check with your landlord or one of the managers of your building..

No comments:

Post a Comment