Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ok you color cordinated folks with beautifully painted walls....this ones for you...?

I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen...have added a pantry, mudded my walls and am fixing to paint. Here's my question. I also want to paint my cabinets. Should I paint the cabinets and walls the same color, with the doors a darker shade? Or....vice versa....the walls one color, the cabinets a different color and the doors to the cabinets same as wall. The color is called pony tail...its a lighter shade of tan...the other color is called sauted mushrooms....a darker shade of tan. Someone give me your advice please :)





smiles :)Ok you color cordinated folks with beautifully painted walls....this ones for you...?
You must be using pittsburgh paint.





I work for a pittsburgh paint store and see those colors a lot.





I would suggest painting the wall and the cabinets different colors to create depth.


If you have a smaller kitchen. Paint the walls pony tail and the cabinets sauted mushrooms. This allows your cabinets to pop and create depth without the space ';shrinking';


If you feel you have the extra room or want a bolder look on the wall, go the opposite way.





Those colors are actully not far away from each other. So either way should be fine. Just so you know...Pony tail tends to look lighter on the wall than on a swatch card sample.Ok you color cordinated folks with beautifully painted walls....this ones for you...?
only my oipinion but i think cabinets are more commonly excepted as being white- unless they are natural wood. so i would say paint the cabinets the lighter color. defintely not the same color!!!
No don't paint them both the same color please:) If your kitchen is large, paint the back walls the darker shade and your cabinets and doors the lighter shade.


If your kitchen is small, still stay on the pastel side for walls (keep the room open and airy), if your cabinets are much darker than your walls they will not blend in, they will appear to stand out further than what you had expected. Have you considered a 3rd color? I hope you are painting your ceilings white. Much cleaner look. Have fun, I've done it all, been there, done that :)
i'd paint the walls a lighter shade and the trim doors and cabinets the darker shade. I paint my walls and cabinets alot and have always been told i have knack for that so.........for what its worth
You can do any of the above. I would paint the walls darker and the cabinets lighter, but I don't know what you prefer. Go to your library to the decorating section. They have tons of books on kitchens. Take a look and see what kind of look you prefer and then go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment