Thursday, February 25, 2010

What color would I paint the walls with this comforter (picture)?

http://www.kohls.com/products/product_page_multiple0.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=437469099%26amp;FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=4107737%26amp;bmUID=1184899240604What color would I paint the walls with this comforter (picture)?
Cut out the picture and hold it up against a couple paint chip samples to see what you like the best don't forget to think about the other furniture in the room, don't want that to disappear either. I think browns may be a nice start though.What color would I paint the walls with this comforter (picture)?
I would select the very lightest shade from the comforter for the walls.........but think of it this way; will you have that comforter forever and ever? if so, then go for it...You could also look at a color wheel to see what the complementary, or opposite, color is; that's always an eye-opener and never dull to combine the opposites!!
Depends on if you are into color. I would go with one of two options. 1- a cream color that would let the color pop. Or I would go with the lightest green in the comforter. But I would make sure if I go with option 2 that you REALLY Like the colors.
Check the Benjamin Moore colors or Martha Stewart color charts of paint at Loews. For a dramatic look, I would choose a plum color. For a softer, spa look, go to a gray/green. Choosing the exact color of the comforter will not allow the comforters pattern to be the focal point of the room - you want to pick a color that lets the comforter be the show piece in the room.....
I think it should be white, black, or light blue like the walls.
If you want drama (and realize it's a pain to paint over)... one wall behind the bed in black, the rest in an almost-white that's got grey tones in it. Like a smoke-white.





Or the whole room in the smoke-white, or a very slightly green-white... just pick one that is towards the blue end of green, not the yellow end. Usually you can tell because the other darker colors on the sample card will make it obvious.





And I'd definitely get a lamp and some furniture that's black. Like, imagine if that bed were black wrought iron, with fancy swirly headboard ironwork, or even with straight bars leading up to a simple curved top. It would look much better.
I would do a deep beige color. The browns and blues are very popular now and look nice together.
I would do the walls in stripes with the colors in the comforter! Or either keep the walls white!
white
i think u should paint them aqua green like the bed set

No comments:

Post a Comment