Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where can I get my curtains dyed to the new colour I have painted on my walls?

I think I recall a friend of mine saying she took her drapes to a dry cleaner, and they did that ';for'; her. She just took a piece of cardboard and dabbed the color of paint on it, took it to the cleaners %26amp; said ';that'; is the color I want my drapes to be. The drapes turned out just ';slightly lighter than the walls, and my friend said it actually looked better than if it was the ';exact'; color. She was sooo happy with it. Good luckWhere can I get my curtains dyed to the new colour I have painted on my walls?
If u have light colored curtains, u can use a Rit dye to match. Any time u r doing this yourself, it may be lighter than u want. Why not try getting a sample of the paint color and go shopping for new ones. U can get affordable ones to Wal-Mart, K-Mart even the Dollar store has them. If no luck get a coordinating color to match and the room should still look great.Where can I get my curtains dyed to the new colour I have painted on my walls?
Why would you want your walls %26amp; curtains the same color?


It would be blagh!


Accent colors are best!
Put them in your washing machine with a colour of your choice ,it`s easy as long as you don`t put to much in at a time ,material that is
do it yourself in a bucket. will save you a small fortune. you can get the dye from most supermarkets
you need to go to the factory where they dye the materials
um do it yourself with the left over paint
Ask at the paint shops near you for the DIY paint and you can do it at your own home in the machine. There are special dyes to colour anything you have in any colour you want.
Buy some fabric dye..first you will need to get dressed..then open your door..walk..make your way to the nearest shop..shops are different so you will need to find a shop that sells fabric dye...go into the shop..choose the colour...pay for it....go home....put curtains in sink with warm water and fabric dye..leave for a bit...hang up to dry..then hang up curtains x
you will definately regret painting your curtains. unfortunatley, most fabric stores won't dye fabric for you because they want you to buy a bolt of new fabric. your best bet would be to dye it yourself. there are plenty of dyes offered that work in a regular washing machine. be sure to test it out on a small piece to make sure you have a good match.
do it yourself in the bath
Hi, i suggest a great site with plenty of Issues related to your home and garden and everything around it. it also provide clear and accurate answer to many common questions.





I am sure that you can get your answers in this website.





http://garden.sitesled.com/





Good Luck and Best Wishes!
Have you tried an upholstery shop?
Shame you didn't do it the other way round, then you could have had some paint made up to match the curtains. I think you would have had a better match
i'd prob just buy new ones....what if you ever want to wash them...would the color fade in the washer?

No comments:

Post a Comment