Saturday, February 27, 2010

Should I paint my white ceramic wall tile in my bathroom or leave it white? ?

It would look horrible if you tried to paint ceramic. You would have to sand it first or the paint wouldn't stick to it. I would leave it white.Should I paint my white ceramic wall tile in my bathroom or leave it white? ?
Unless you can rough the surface of the tile with something harder than the ceramic, it isn't going to take the paint too well and in a few short weeks your hard work will simply peel right off.





Not to mention the tacky factor.Should I paint my white ceramic wall tile in my bathroom or leave it white? ?
actually, you can paint ceramic! They make paint specifically for ceramic, you can ask the paint department of your local home depot or Lowe's or I'm sure any specialty paint store would have it.





But of course the best thing to do is replace, or try sprucing up the room with new paint, towels Accessories etc...
Well, it can be done buyt requires a special primer designed to bond with ceramic tile. Prior to that you'd have to rough up the tile with 220-grit carbide sandpaper or use an acid-based deglosser. Here are the details:





http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/asktoh/q鈥?/a>





Personally, I'd look for a different solution. Maybe you can jazz up the white tile by replacing a few tiles with decorative tile or adding a decorative border. Here are some ideas:





http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/skill-bu鈥?/a>





http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0鈥?/a>



We also have white ceramic tile. I would never attempt to paint it. The humidity in a bathroom will make the paint peel eventually and look horrible. White goes with anything!
dont paint ceramic. too much work

No comments:

Post a Comment